Main
Date: 31 Jan 2009 17:34:52
From: greg
Subject: Fred defense
Usually I lose when I play the Fred defense but I found a way for
black to win. Do you think that this is a good opening for black?


1.e2-e4 f7-f5

2. e4xf5 Ng8-h6

3.Qd1-h5 Nh6-f7

4.d2-d4 e7-e5

5.d4xe5 Bf8-b4

6.c2-c3 Bb4-c5

7.e5-e6 d7xe6

8. f5xe6 Bc5xf2

9.Ke1xf2 Bc8xe6

10.Qh5-b5 Nb8-c6

11.Qb5xb7 0-0

12. Ng1-f3 Nf7-e5

13.Nb1-d2 a7-a6

14.Kf2-e2 Rf8xf3

15.Nd2xf3 Ra8-b8

16.Qb7xb8 Qd8xb8

17.b2-b4 Qb8-b5

18. Ke2-f2 Ne5-g4

19.Kf2-e1 Qb5-f5

20.Bf1-e2 Qf5-e4

21.Ke1-f1 Be6-c4

22.Nf3-g1 Nc6-e5

the game lasted longer but black wins. I was using two computer
programs playing against each other.




 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 05:19:28
From: jefk
Subject: Re: Fred defense
On 1 feb, 02:34, greg <gregklu...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Usually I lose when I play the Fred defense but I found a way for
> black to win. Do you think that this is a good opening for black?

no
>
> 1.e2-e4 f7-f5
>
> 2. e4xf5 =A0 Ng8-h6

maybe Nh6 is an interesting move,
but you probably played on a slow comp
and/or with fast time controls
>
> 3.Qd1-h5 Nh6-f7
> > 4.d2-d4 =A0 e7-e5
> > 5.d4xe5 Bf8-b4
> > 6.c2-c3 Bb4-c5
> > 7.e5-e6? d7xe6

7.Nf3 is much better
or 3 Bc4, eval +3.3



>
> 8. f5xe6 =A0Bc5xf2
>
> 9.Ke1xf2 Bc8xe6
>
> 10.Qh5-b5 =A0Nb8-c6
>
> 11.Qb5xb7 =A00-0
>
> 12. Ng1-f3 Nf7-e5
>
> 13.Nb1-d2 =A0a7-a6
>
> 14.Kf2-e2 Rf8xf3
>
> 15.Nd2xf3 Ra8-b8
>
> 16.Qb7xb8 =A0Qd8xb8
>
> 17.b2-b4 =A0 Qb8-b5
>
> 18. Ke2-f2 Ne5-g4
>
> 19.Kf2-e1 Qb5-f5
>
> 20.Bf1-e2 Qf5-e4
>
> 21.Ke1-f1 Be6-c4
>
> 22.Nf3-g1 =A0Nc6-e5
>
> the game lasted longer but black wins. I was using two computer
> programs playing against each other.



 
Date: 04 Feb 2009 03:28:38
From: ibarix
Subject: Re: Fred defense

"greg" <gregkluzak@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:7bb1a670-d271-4224-968c-643673554ca9@g3g2000pre.googlegroups.com...
> Usually I lose when I play the Fred defense but I found a way for
> black to win. Do you think that this is a good opening for black?
>
>
> 1.e2-e4 f7-f5
>
> 2. e4xf5 Ng8-h6
>
> 3.Qd1-h5 Nh6-f7
>
> 4.d2-d4 e7-e5
>
> 5.d4xe5 Bf8-b4
>
> 6.c2-c3 Bb4-c5
>
> 7.e5-e6 d7xe6
>
> 8. f5xe6 Bc5xf2
>
> 9.Ke1xf2 Bc8xe6
>
> 10.Qh5-b5 Nb8-c6
>
> 11.Qb5xb7 0-0
>
> 12. Ng1-f3 Nf7-e5
>
> 13.Nb1-d2 a7-a6
>
> 14.Kf2-e2 Rf8xf3
>
> 15.Nd2xf3 Ra8-b8
>
> 16.Qb7xb8 Qd8xb8
>
> 17.b2-b4 Qb8-b5
>
> 18. Ke2-f2 Ne5-g4
>
> 19.Kf2-e1 Qb5-f5
>
> 20.Bf1-e2 Qf5-e4
>
> 21.Ke1-f1 Be6-c4
>
> 22.Nf3-g1 Nc6-e5
>
> the game lasted longer but black wins. I was using two computer
> programs playing against each other.

What programs? Those moves seem substandrad to me.




 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 18:10:34
From: SAT W-7
Subject: Re: Fred defense
You should try it vs my Ivan computer , id say it is just about as
strong at Sannys GC computer.

Ivan vs GC , it wins some and loses some ..

My Ivan 2 the conquer is from Excalibur ...

If you want to try some time we can just play two moves a day , before
work and after work or go to a chat room when we are both home at the
same time and play a real time game.



 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 18:46:17
From: greg
Subject: Re: Fred defense
On Feb 3, 9:28=A0pm, "ibarix" <iba...@gmail.com > wrote:
> "greg" <gregklu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:7bb1a670-d271-4224-968c-643673554ca9@g3g2000pre.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > Usually I lose when I play the Fred defense but I found a way for
> > black to win. Do you think that this is a good opening for black?
>
> > 1.e2-e4 f7-f5
>
> > 2. e4xf5 =A0 Ng8-h6
>
> > 3.Qd1-h5 Nh6-f7
>
> > 4.d2-d4 =A0 e7-e5
>
> > 5.d4xe5 Bf8-b4
>
> > 6.c2-c3 Bb4-c5
>
> > 7.e5-e6 d7xe6
>
> > 8. f5xe6 =A0Bc5xf2
>
> > 9.Ke1xf2 Bc8xe6
>
> > 10.Qh5-b5 =A0Nb8-c6
>
> > 11.Qb5xb7 =A00-0
>
> > 12. Ng1-f3 Nf7-e5
>
> > 13.Nb1-d2 =A0a7-a6
>
> > 14.Kf2-e2 Rf8xf3
>
> > 15.Nd2xf3 Ra8-b8
>
> > 16.Qb7xb8 =A0Qd8xb8
>
> > 17.b2-b4 =A0 Qb8-b5
>
> > 18. Ke2-f2 Ne5-g4
>
> > 19.Kf2-e1 Qb5-f5
>
> > 20.Bf1-e2 Qf5-e4
>
> > 21.Ke1-f1 Be6-c4
>
> > 22.Nf3-g1 =A0Nc6-e5
>
> > the game lasted longer but black wins. I was using two computer
> > programs playing against each other.
>
> What programs? Those moves seem substandrad to me.

black was Nagaskaki and white was Rybka (the free version)