Main
Date: 01 May 2007 01:11:21
From: Sanny
Subject: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
GetClub Chess site has been Closed for Improvement work.

Please come after a week/month time when I have corrected a few
serious problems.

Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

We are improving the Game Play.
We are improving the Download Speed
Rating System will be improved.
We are removing resource hog problem

So till then the site will be closed for Playing Chess. And when the
site will open you will find it playing much good moves that earlier.

Give me all your feedback on how to improve the site so that you get
what you are looking for in the new site.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html





 
Date: 08 May 2007 23:28:35
From:
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
> Others have taken the position that closing the
> Web site was Sanny's single biggest "improvement"
> ever.
>
> -- help bot

Sanny's website is finally closed? This is great news. It restores my
faith in what this newsgroup can accomplish!



  
Date: 09 May 2007 13:08:34
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
In rec.games.chess.computer [email protected] wrote:
>> Others have taken the position that closing the
>> Web site was Sanny's single biggest "improvement"
>> ever.
>>
>> -- help bot
>
> Sanny's website is finally closed? This is great news. It restores my
> faith in what this newsgroup can accomplish!
>

It looks like the getclub.com registration is gone! That certainly seems like
it won't be back.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0




 
Date: 07 May 2007 19:27:43
From: help bot
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 7, 8:31 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected] > wrote:
> > I also couldn't help bot notice that after "years" of
> > demanding real improvements, when Sanny finally
> > delivers, the hecklers are still not satisfied
>
> I hadn't noticed that Sanny has delivered or is in any danger of doing
> so.

Others have taken the position that closing the
Web site was Sanny's single biggest "improvement"
ever.

-- help bot





 
Date: 07 May 2007 05:31:49
From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.

> I also couldn't help bot notice that after "years" of
> demanding real improvements, when Sanny finally
> delivers, the hecklers are still not satisfied; they

I hadn't noticed that Sanny has delivered or is in any danger of doing
so.




 
Date: 03 May 2007 17:56:25
From: help bot
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 3, 4:17 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected] > wrote:
> > Did you disable thinking on the opponent's time?
>
> Zillions doesn't do any thinking except on its own time; in fact a
> little graphic of a brain and a sliding bar shows up to indicate
> thinking progress.
>
> > . I also noticed, after a google
> > search, that Zillions of Games has about a zillion
> > different chess games included, give or take ten
> > million.
>
> There are quite a few but I ran the "stock" program delivered with the
> program.
>
> > I really don't understand why so many people are
> > down on Sanny's chess program; it sets the bar
> > for horribleness, and as such makes a handy
> > measuring stick.
>
> This is a good point. Every so often, for instance,
> you need to eat at a really bad restaurant,
> then the so-so places seem like five star treats.

I also couldn't help bot notice that after "years" of
demanding real improvements, when Sanny finally
delivers, the hecklers are still not satisfied; they
want a guarantee that GetClub will never return.
Some people you just can't satisfy, no matter how
hard you try. ; >D

-- help bot



 
Date: 03 May 2007 13:17:45
From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.

> Did you disable thinking on the opponent's time?

Zillions doesn't do any thinking except on its own time; in fact a
little graphic of a brain and a sliding bar shows up to indicate
thinking progress.

> . I also noticed, after a google
> search, that Zillions of Games has about a zillion
> different chess games included, give or take ten
> million.

There are quite a few but I ran the "stock" program delivered with the
program.

> I really don't understand why so many people are
> down on Sanny's chess program; it sets the bar
> for horribleness, and as such makes a handy
> measuring stick.

This is a good point. Every so often, for instance,
you need to eat at a really bad restaurant,
then the so-so places seem like five star treats.




 
Date: 02 May 2007 20:53:52
From: help bot
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 2, 9:43 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Sanny, you have made the ultimate improvement for which everyone has
> been hoping (closure).
>
> Just for fun a week or so back I tested getclubbed against another
> computer program. Both programs made a lot of silly moves but the
> other program beat getclubbed easily. I limited the other program to
> five seconds per move while getclubbed was taking an average two
> minutes per move. Still getclubbed went down in a one-sided loss.
>
> Oh...what was the other program?
>
> It was the chess "engine" that comes with the product Zillions of
> Games.

Did you disable thinking on the opponent's time?

If not, the other program was kicking butt while
Sanny's was fiddling around, thinking about bad
moves. If I'm not mistaken, a strong program like
say, Fritz, could be set to think a half-second and
yet outplay Sanny's program by simply thinking on
the opponent's time. I also noticed, after a google
search, that Zillions of Games has about a zillion
different chess games included, give or take ten
million.

I really don't understand why so many people are
down on Sanny's chess program; it sets the bar
for horribleness, and as such makes a handy
measuring stick. Without this, how on earth
would you determine if Zillions chess was one
of the very worst chess programs around, or
just lukewarm mediocre? : >D

-- help bot





 
Date: 02 May 2007 20:40:47
From: help bot
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 2, 12:41 am, Kenneth Sloan <[email protected] > wrote:
> Sanny wrote:
> > GetClub Chess site has been Closed for Improvement work.
>
> No need for improvement. Now that it's closed...it's perfect!

I should have seen this coming. I should have offered
to "see to it" that the GetClub site would go away,
asking only five dollars apiece from say, twenty different
takers, to get the job done. Then I could have sat
back and waited... until now, whereupon I could have
retired.

-- help bot



 
Date: 02 May 2007 06:43:46
From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
Sanny, you have made the ultimate improvement for which everyone has
been hoping (closure).

Just for fun a week or so back I tested getclubbed against another
computer program. Both programs made a lot of silly moves but the
other program beat getclubbed easily. I limited the other program to
five seconds per move while getclubbed was taking an average two
minutes per move. Still getclubbed went down in a one-sided loss.

Oh...what was the other program?

It was the chess "engine" that comes with the product Zillions of
Games.



 
Date: 01 May 2007 23:41:59
From: Kenneth Sloan
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
Sanny wrote:
> GetClub Chess site has been Closed for Improvement work.

No need for improvement. Now that it's closed...it's perfect!

--
Kenneth Sloan [email protected]
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/


 
Date: 01 May 2007 10:12:47
From: Sanny
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 1, 1:52 pm, "Chess Sadist" <[email protected] > wrote:
> "Sanny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> >GetClubChesssite has been Closed for Improvement work.
>
> GOOD!! Keep it closed idiot!! Nobody gives a rat's ass about you or your
> useless website Sanny!

Why should I keep it closed. It is closed for improvements. Once
improvements are done, Everyone will like playing at GetClub Chess.

Bye
Sanny



 
Date: 01 May 2007 10:11:14
From: Sanny
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.
On May 1, 1:34 pm, help bot <[email protected] > wrote:
> Sanny wrote:
> >GetClubChesssite has been Closed for Improvement work.
>
> > Please come after a week/month time when I have corrected a few
> > serious problems.
>
> > PlayChessat:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
>
> > We are improving the Game Play.
> > We are improving the Download Speed
> > Rating System will be improved.
> > We are removing resource hog problem
>
> > So till then the site will be closed for PlayingChess. And when the
> > site will open you will find it playing much good moves that earlier.
>
> > Give me all your feedback on how to improve the site so that you get
> > what you are looking for in the new site.
>
> 1. Please remove the annoying, infinitely-spawning pop-up
> ads.
>
> 2. Please allow for the possibility of a drawn game.
>
> 3. Please make it so that an accidental click cannot, by
> itself, result in the loss (i.e. resignation) of the game.
>
> 4. Try to focus on tactical strength, so that complaints
> regarding the program's playing strength will subside.
>
> 5. Have your old programming team assassinated, and
> start fresh. (Have you seen the movie, The Eiger
> Sanction?) ;>D
>
> -- help bot- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Thanks for your suggestions, I will keep them in mind. I feel after a
month things will be ok.

Bye
Sanny




 
Date: 01 May 2007 08:52:32
From: Chess Sadist
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.

"Sanny" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> GetClub Chess site has been Closed for Improvement work.

GOOD!! Keep it closed idiot!! Nobody gives a rat's ass about you or your
useless website Sanny!




 
Date: 01 May 2007 01:34:43
From: help bot
Subject: Re: GetClub.com Chess Site CLOSED.

Sanny wrote:
> GetClub Chess site has been Closed for Improvement work.
>
> Please come after a week/month time when I have corrected a few
> serious problems.
>
> Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
>
> We are improving the Game Play.
> We are improving the Download Speed
> Rating System will be improved.
> We are removing resource hog problem
>
> So till then the site will be closed for Playing Chess. And when the
> site will open you will find it playing much good moves that earlier.
>
> Give me all your feedback on how to improve the site so that you get
> what you are looking for in the new site.

1. Please remove the annoying, infinitely-spawning pop-up
ads.

2. Please allow for the possibility of a drawn game.

3. Please make it so that an accidental click cannot, by
itself, result in the loss (i.e. resignation) of the game.

4. Try to focus on tactical strength, so that complaints
regarding the program's playing strength will subside.

5. Have your old programming team assassinated, and
start fresh. (Have you seen the movie, The Eiger
Sanction?) ; >D

-- help bot